Boosting Your Home Sales Today
Investing in a simple facelift for your home is an extremely effective way to market your house for today’s buyers. Here are some tips to get you started
Before you List
As you arrange to sell your house, it is essential to put yourself in the buyer’s shoes. Think about what you would prefer to see in a home if you were on their side of the sale. Use websites like Pinterest.com and Goodhousekeeping.com for inspiration in your decorating efforts
1. DE-CLUTTER YOUR HOME
- assign everything to a neat little box
- put on a yard sale
- donate your unwanted or outdated items
- sell your extra goods on Craigslist or Ebay
- buy a storage spot
- tackle some curb appeal projects like trimming, mowing, clearing sidewalks, painting
- your home will appear bigger and brighter as you clear out all of the excess junk. Cleaning out will allow prospective buyers to see your home at its best.
Remember– Drive up appeal is the ultimate hook
Upgrades pay off more than anything else in your home.This includes, bathroom renovations, landscaping changes, kitchen updates, and solid front door replacements. Kitchens and bathrooms are the most examined features of a home.
Some ideas for the kitchen:
- Granite countertops
- Classy backsplashes
- Revamping the floor tile
For the bathroom:
- Freshen the room with a new paint job
- Updated fixtures like a rain showerhead
- Renew your sinks and faucets
3. IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
Find good help for your cleaning needs. Acquire references from your network of friends, family, and coworkers, other real estate agents, etc. Simplify your layouts so buyers can easily imagine their things in your home.
By taking steps to lighten and brighten your home, buyers will better imagine your house as their dream home.
The best approach is a simple one that requires small, but well invested changes that prevent you from gutting the entire room. Look carefully around for anything extremely outdated…even something as simple as a new light fixture can give your room a more contemporary feel. You’ll be surprised how the entire the entire home perks up when you apply these new upgrades.