Anyone who is breathing and living real estate knows that social media is where the potential business is today. If you don’t know this, tell us what rock you’re living under, please!
Today, if you want to promote your listings, social media is the place. Of any marketing move that you could make, social media will be your wisest choice.
When social media postings are done right, they are an incredible source of leads. Why? Because more Americans use social media today than ever before. From finding old classmates, keeping up with distant family members, and getting opinions on what to buy, what to do, and more.
It is essential to keep with the real estate world’s movers and shakers, especially in the social media circuit. To make this more comfortable for you, we’re are going to share the social media sites to be seen (or not seen) this year.
Find Out What is Going on in the World
With Real Estate:
Which Statistic Shouldn’t You Latch On To?The popular social media platforms in July were, no particular order:
- Facebook Messenger
Real Estate Is An Age Appropriate ThingFor real estate, you need age-appropriate viewers, even in the world of social media. You want buyers and sellers in the 40-year-old range, not the high school kids. For the age group you want, LinkedIn is still the best, even though it isn’t on the list we provided. For real estate marketing, one of the best social media platforms is LinkedIn.
What Was the 2022 Hottest Social Media Site?When it comes to the popularity of social media platforms, there is a definite ebb and flow to keep up with, and for the summer of 2022, that ebb and flow was here:
- In the United States, each month, 190 million active users
- Facebook is still the king of social media with over half the social media junkie using it
- Almost 80% of American users were 30 to 49 years old, the prime age for buying houses, with 18 to 29 years old the next largest group on Facebook, and the next age bracket for buying houses
Facebook as the broadest reach of all social media, making it ideal for the real estate industry. Neatly defined demographics using this platform are in the age range of average buyer/seller. Posting is easy and quick, and getting engaged with the viewer is a snap.
To be successful with Facebook’s real estate postings, you have to be consistent. You can post and go, thinking it all happens by magic. It would help if you connected with it daily, even weekends.
- Over 100 million active U.S. users each month
- The age using Instagram are between 16 and 24
Yes, there are real estate agents with YouTube videos bragging about their marketing results on Instagram. Don’t believe everything you hear and see on YouTube. Instagram is time-consuming, and if the photos and videos aren’t almost perfect, the average Instagrammer won’t give it a second look.
Why? Because the age groups are teens and young adults, they are not the market you want to advertise your real estate business. If you have time to work on social media platforms that Instagram takes, you need to be on Pinterest.
- There are over 80 million monthly active American users on Pinterest.
- The majority of U.S. users on Pinterest are 13 to 49 years old.
- Pinterest has the attention of 85% of women planning those special times in life like births, birthdays, holidays, etc.
- Over 40% of those on Pinterest are planning five years down the road what their ideal home will look like
Yes, Pinterest is a time-consuming social platform, but that time is money well spent and even worth paying an assistant who regularly posts and monitors it.
- Has almost 49 million monthly users in the United States
- 38% of Twitter users are between 18 years old and 29 years old
- 26% of American Twitter users are between 30 years old and 49 years old
Yes, you read that right. Just over one-fourth of Twitter‘s users are in the average homebuyer age range.
Remember Real Estate Strategy
Your marketing should make you seen and a way for potential clients to connect with you. Choosing the right social media for your real estate business is essential.
If you want to know more about Real estate success secrets, contact Real estate marketing expert Richard Uzelac at 805.413.7888. Richard Uzelac has given thousands of presentations and talks on real estate technology. Richard Uzelac is always available as a Speaker and Consultant for Franchises, Offices, and Agents.